What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create perspective on a layer

redbourn

I shot a food photo at 45° degrees and want to change the table bg.

I downloaded something that I like but it was shot at 180°

Did a good job of masking the plate but when I add the tabletop to the food the difference in angles is clear,

Just spent a couple of hours trying to correct this but no cigar.

When I put the perspective on the tabletop layer it reduces the size and when I enlarge the image I lose the perspective.

I can do it but only if I then crop thereby losing a part of the original image.

Help would be much appreciated.

Michael

Attachments

• perpective problem.jpg
    perpective problem.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 3

MrToM

Guru
You'll have to scale the height too if you want it anywhere near.

Whilst using 'Perspective' drag the top down, or the bottom up...or both so that the image is not as high....that will give you a better perspective but without seeing what it is you are trying to match it to its difficult to be any more precise than that.

Regards.
MrToM.

redbourn

You'll have to scale the height too if you want it anywhere near.

Whilst using 'Perspective' drag the top down, or the bottom up...or both so that the image is not as high....that will give you a better perspective but without seeing what it is you are trying to match it to its difficult to be any more precise than that.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks for the reply and have added two files here.

The food photo has issues but it's good for me learn from.

Only got into photography about 6 months ago.

Michael

MrToM

Guru
I can get you this far if its any good?

perspective_MT_01.png

You would be much better off having images of equal size instead of one really good one and a postage stamp for the other but still....turning the stamp, sorry, table image 90 deg makes for a better 'perspective' in my opinion but you can decide that for yourself.

Regards.
MrToM.

redbourn

I can get you this far if its any good?

View attachment 62766

You would be much better off having images of equal size instead of one really good one and a postage stamp for the other but still....turning the stamp, sorry, table image 90 deg makes for a better 'perspective' in my opinion but you can decide that for yourself.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks I can look for larger backgrounds on the web.

I made them both the same size but still ended up with having the perspective showing as transparent in the top left and right corners.

How did you avoid that?

Really only experiment with this photo.

Nice job on the drop shadow!

Michael

MrToM

Guru
...How did you avoid that?...
You can scale the perspective vertically and horizontally....I did make the error of assuming it could be dragged from the handles but you cannot, you have to use the scale type-in (scrub) at the top of the workspace when in 'perspective' mode...

width_&_height_MT_01.png

(Note this is with CC 2014, it may be different in your version.)

Its best to do this BEFORE applying any perspective as it tends to go a bit skewed if you do it after.

Regards.
MrToM.

redbourn

You can scale the perspective vertically and horizontally....I did make the error of assuming it could be dragged from the handles but you cannot, you have to use the scale type-in (scrub) at the top of the workspace when in 'perspective' mode...

View attachment 62767

(Note this is with CC 2014, it may be different in your version.)

Its best to do this BEFORE applying any perspective as it tends to go a bit skewed if you do it after.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks.

Will see if this exists in my version.