What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can PS synchronize multiple photos like Camera Raw?

PegoMan

I want to do a time lapse of the formation of tree blossoms, but I want to remove some items from the photos like the power lines in this sample. I can do that in PS, but I don't know how to synchronize the changes to 300 photos. I can synchronize easily in Camera Raw, but don't know how to make editing changes there, i.e., Clone Stamp, Content Aware fill, etc. I would appreciate any help. Thanks much!

John
CS5.1 Extended
CC 2015

Attachments

• 001 - 2.jpg
    001 - 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3

peta62

Guru
Hello, you can either record the action in Photoshop and use it on all those photos, or you can open those pictures in Camera Raw even though they are jpg and not raws.

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, I'm pretty sure that Lightroom can do what you ask, i.e., with one or two clicks, apply the same ACR-like and other settings (including what they call "adjustment brushes") to a very large group of photos and then automatically output the results as a set new files (with many options). If you are interested in an LR-based approach, let me know and I'll double check tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tom M

Last edited:

peta62

Guru
FWIW, I'm pretty sure that Lightroom can do what you ask, i.e., with one or two clicks, apply the same ACR-like and other settings (including what they call "adjustment brushes") to a very large group of photos and then automatically output the results as a set new files (with many options). If you are interested in an LR-based approach, let me know and I'll double check tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tom M

Good point Tom, I was not sure whether he has Lightroom.
Peter

PegoMan

Thank you both for the info. I do have Lightroom, but have never really used it. I will check to see what I need to do in LR to, hopefully, accomplish my quest.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your suggestions!

John

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Pego - I just checked, and in LR, one can synchronize the action of the spot removal brush across a large number of pix. As an example, I started with these two pix (identical except that I annotated each with a number):

IMG_2691_nef-LR_jpg_low_rez_698px_wide-01_annotated.jpg

IMG_2691_nef-LR_jpg_low_rez_698px_wide-02_annotated.jpg

I then removed the small tree from #1 using LR's spot removal brush:

IMG_2691_nef-LR_jpg_low_rez_698px_wide-01_annotated_nef-LR_jpg_low_rez_698px_wide.jpg

I then selected both pix, and clicked on "Synch settings", be careful to check the "Spot" brush in the options box:

LR's_sync_settings_dialog_box.jpg

The result was that the small tree was instantly removed from #2, as well:

IMG_2691_nef-LR_jpg_low_rez_698px_wide-02_annotated_nef-LR_jpg_low_rez_698px_wide.jpg

LR's spot removal brush is very good, but is not accompanied by the other tools in PS that can be used in similar situations, eg, Patch, content aware fill, etc. However, maybe it will be good enough for your purposes. It certainly is simple and fast.

HTH,

Tom M

PegoMan

Thanks very much Tom. I will now see what I can do with Lightroom. Your example is just about what I need to do. I enjoy making some time lapses, but sometimes there are objects, as in any good photo, that need to be removed. The synchronize window looks similar to the one in Camera Raw. Now... on to Light Room!

John