What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to do this paint affect

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey.

Did you read the article in your link? These are not Photoshopped. These are photographs of actual laser cut wooden logos, dipped in paint, then spun.

liquid-brands-manuel-mittelpunkt-matthias-grund-designboom-01.jpg

liquid-brands-manuel-mittelpunkt-matthias-grund-designboom-011.jpg

I'm not saying you cant make something in Photoshop like this, but it will never look anything like the Photos.

Having said that, I think your best bet would be to choose one of the Photographs and replace the existing logo with your own so you can use the spun off paint from the image. Another possibility would be to make Ps brushes from the spun off paint.

mromanos

Yes i read the article lol i just wanted to know if it was capable of doing as in brush effects like you mentioned

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes i read the article lol i just wanted to know if it was capable of doing as in brush effects like you mentioned
Oh, I'm truly very sorry, that wasn't mentioned in the first post! LOL!! I didn't know if you realized that these were not Photoshopped images. Again sorry.

Yes, you could use the photographs themselves to create Ps brushes. I think you will be met with limited success unless you can find some very hi-rez versions of the photographs.

Tia Jones

You can probably try either paint brush effects or even 3D text effects. You can find a variety of tutorials for text effects on places like Youtube, Tuts +, and many more.

Hope this helps ^_^
-Tia