What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cropping an image with a transparent base

Noelles

Hi Guys,

I am trying to crop a product out of an image and replace the background.Problem is, the product has an acrylic base so it is transparent. How do I do this seamlessly so I can place my product into a number of different backgrounds naturally. I want to keep the acrylic/glassy look whilst still keeping transparency

gedstar

Guru
Hi Noelles and Welcome to PSG

It would help if you could provide the image in question!

Noelles

Hi Gedstar,

I can't as it is a product that hasn't been released yet. Do you need me to explain further? It would be simiar to cropping out the image through a window whilst still keeping the look of the window.

Cheers,

Noelles

Hi Gedstar,

Thank you so much. I have actually tried this as it was the most obvious but as you can see from that forum, the lid is not fully transparent in the photo, kind of looks cloudy. I want to achieve the look of the plastic throughout without having any white in the background.

Thanks so much

gedstar

Guru
Hi Noelles

Can you post a reference image of what you're looking to achieve, I'm a little confused. It would be a big help if you could elaborate more with some examples

Noelles

images.jpg

Hi Gedstar,

I can't I am sorry. It would be similar to this where I would like to keep the transparency and look of the acrylic whilst changing the background.

Thanks