What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best use of Wacom tablets?

imagemaker

I had these tablets and I have had students use them in Photoshop projects but they seem awkward compared to using a mouse. I understand these tools are primarily for drawing. Can they have any use in Photoshop in specific applications?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I operate everything in Photoshop, except the Pen Tool, 99% of the time with my Intuos Pro tablet.

It is not awkward, it's better than a mouse.

imagemaker

I have found that dragging things with a stylus or doing other things that don't require precision, feels awkward with a pen tip. Do you think it's just a matter of getting used to it? In short I am wondering if it is safe to assume that the stylus and Wacom tablet should be used for any kind of computer graphics work.

Paul

Former Member
Horses for courses mate, i use both but depends on what i need to get done. I am equally at home using the mouse to draw with as i am the pen and pad (digital).
Best fit for the pad for me is when doing things like hair/grasses/eyelashes or just bog standard drawing.

Whatever you feel happiest with really mate no rules in PS remember,

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In short I am wondering if it is safe to assume that the stylus and Wacom tablet should be used for any kind of computer graphics work.
That's all I would use. Like Paul stated, there is really no set rule, it's what you have grown accustom with.