What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping original wall colour

AlexUrea

Hey ! So I'm working on this projects, where I want to decorate a room with paintings and stuff like that. But I got a problem with the shelves.
I want to put the shelves I saw in a picture on the internet, but to keep the original wall colour on the background
I'll attach a photo so you know what I mean

ROOM 1.jpg

So I only want the shelves with what's on them, pictures, books etc.
How should I do it ?

Thank you for your time !

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hi AlexUrea and Welcome to PSG

Can you post an image of the shelves in question

I'm assuming you want to remove these shelves and replace them with the ones in the other image and keep all the stuff on the shelves

ROOM 1.jpg

AlexUrea

Hi gedstar! I'm sorry, I think I expressed my problem wrong.
Ok, so I have a wall. An empty wall. And I want to place those shelves :arrowu: with what is on them, on my empty wall. The problem is that I want the background wall colour to be the same as before, just like I put those shelves and pictures with my own hands.
I'm trying with the background and magic eraser tools, but the shelves and the wall in this image are both white, so it's not working quite well, and manually erasing it takes a lot of time.. I was curious if there is a faster way to do this.

Argos

Guru
One suggestion AlexUrea, why not select the shelves and items that you want and search for white wall image on google?

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is 'your own' wall a flat surface?
If not and there's some perspective be shure that the shelves with items fit the perspective of your wall. Keep the shadowing in mind!
As for the way to cut out the shelves with items, the only way to do this accurately is using the pen tool. Good luck with that.

Maybe you could post the wall you want to use? (Well not the wall but the picture of it...:rolleyes:)

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is 'your own' wall a flat surface?
If not and there's some perspective be shure that the shelves with items fit the perspective of your wall. Keep the shadowing in mind!
As for the way to cut out the shelves with items, the only way to do this accurately is using the pen tool. Good luck with that.

Maybe you could post the wall you want to use? (Well not the wall but the picture of it...:rolleyes:)

I completely agree with Eggy.

Please post the wall in question. I see a slight problem with the area of the shelves and their content that are recessed on the left hand side as the shadow will have to blended out.
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.01.20 AM.png

You should not be using the magic eraser to make a selection of the shelves and their contents. There are much better tools for that job.

As Gedstar pointed out, are you also wanting the wooden shelf as well?

Last edited: