What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to bend a picture (awesome tutorial, what's missing??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mmrene

Hello photoshop community

So I've been working on my tutorial for How to bend a picture in Photoshop. The tutorial was greatly received by my audience, but I can't seem to get any bigger Photoshop sites to take real interest in it. So therefore I ask your opinion and feedback. What is this tutorial missing?

http://mmrene.com/photoshop/how-to-bend-a-landscape-image-in-photoshop/

I appreciate all feedback

With Kind Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

There seems to be many problems with your instruction, but I think the main problem is that you have not quite grasped the concept of bending a photo.

If you look the image you posted as inspiration by jatiputra, you will notice that this is a bent photo. Also take a look at your "USER RESULTS" and you will see that some of them also understand the idea of a bent photo. All of their images are one solid image with the ends bent. The bends are seamless continuations of the original image.

What you have done is just made copies of the original images, rotated them, and then added them to the ends. This creates duplicates, which you address in the tutorial, but you should not have to. The "bent" ends should not be contain duplicates, they should be that actual ends of the original image. In order to accomplish this, there would have to be some Free Transform and some cropping.

I think you are making a fairly simple effect much harder than it needs to be.

M

Mmrene

I appreciate your response! You are right on my use of technique and I totally get what your saying, I will consider remaking the tutorial. Any tips on how the design of the new tutorial should be? should the video guide be at the top of the post, to prevent to scare those away who do not bother to read it all, or will it seem as if there is only a video guide? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.