What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Maccas using this?

gedstar

Guru
Don't use a MAC but looking forward to the PC version coming out and given it a test drive, looks pretty good from what I've seen on the MAC version :thumbsup:

Paul

Former Member
One of the photography forums i use the pro photographers swear by it, saying it runs smoother and faster than Photoshop? I didn't realise a Windows version was in the pipeline.

Paul

Former Member
Any ideas on cost for the program?

Paul

Former Member
Yeah it's a one off payment.

Thanks.

I don't know anyone who uses this program. But certainly it looks very promising. Time will tell!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks promising..............but I still have the bad taste in my mouth over Pixelmator. Same high praise, same capabilities, affordable, and was touted as the program that was going to replace Photoshop. Again very promising but any realistic support only lasted about a year or so and the program went downhill fast. The development team made ridiculous changes trying to keep up with the Jone's, and it became known as a crash king. Some people still defend it but it's a dawg.

I would not invest in Affinity Photo just yet, give it some time to see how it does.

revnart

Power User
I've tested Affinity Photo for several days on iMac. It's hard to jump from PS, when you are so used to it on daily basis, but as far as I tested:

Runs much, much, much faster which is actually nice benefit.
You can save your history within a file so you can reopen file after year and do some undos with (fast working) slider.
Most of the shortcuts appear to be exactly the same ones as in PS.
It opens my old psd's with no problem
It has many nice features, some of us will use them others may doesn't need them.

The thing I noticed which is a giant problem for me:
Complete lack of Smart Object or any substitute (opening PSD with smart object will flatten SO into plain pixel layer)