What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did I create this image/spiderweb like effect? Old School plugin?

vibribib

Hi guys, I'm certain I created this image in Photoshop using a filter of some kind but I cannot recall the process at all... I was wondering if anyone here that has used photoshop for a long time might have any ideas.

spokes_master.jpeg

Here is what I remember:

It was made during my time at College and I don't recall if we had access to third part plugins, but the version of Photoshop I currently own (CS2) does not seem to have a way of reproducing it as standard. I never updated and later versions shouldn't matter as I know this was created before CS2 was available. The PSD is dated 20 July 2009. I am pretty sure the process created the web like effect on its own layer and I applied layer effects to make a bit of a drop shadow over the grey background. I think I had to click to add the junctions where the lines meet but its possible it was just generated randomly.

This is a bit of a stab in the dark but I'm wondering if someone here might be shed a bit of light on it or maybe can jog my memory somehow.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Are you certain it was a PS native filter?

I'm unsure as it was sometime back but the webbing output looks familar. Unfortunately, I don't have those old filters and may have to dig into boxes to find it.....

vibribib

Hi Dv8, No I am not sure, I have a feeling it may have been a 3rd party PS plugin rather than something standalone but the machine wasn't mine so I can't backtrack. I was working on a shared workstation at college or university.