What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop save action

hunlight

Hello ,couldnt find the answer ,mby just blind.
So I got (for example) an book page ,must select 1 letter and save as the png with name (for example) image-001 ,then select second letter and save as image-002, I got an action to the point of saving but then cant find how to make it automate the adding +1 to the number of image.I think I need an script or mby I missing smth ?

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
here is a way that could work for you

but first you have to unlock the background of the starting image and call it 'layer 0'

and start with the first selection

record the action and give it a short-key

1) ctrl + J
2) layer arrange order to background
3) select layer 0

now you can select , and press the shortkey
and repeat

every time a new layer will made

and on the end , you go to file-script-layers export to file , and mark 'trim layers'

hunlight

here is a way that could work for you

but first you have to unlock the background of the starting image and call it 'layer 0'

and start with the first selection

record the action and give it a short-key

1) ctrl + J
2) layer arrange order to background
3) select layer 0

now you can select , and press the shortkey
and repeat

every time a new layer will made

and on the end , you go to file-script-layers export to file , and mark 'trim layers'

Not sure I uderstand u mean make smth like action that will make new layer and then went to file-stript-layers export to file and save one by one ? U knwo that the willbe 2600 layers then,and I would need to write the name everytime by myself I could do that with jsut actions I have made now.
What I need is and automated action to save selected with same name only added +1 .Think only an script will work or no ?