What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old photoshopper looking to upgrade and need advice...

jeffsback

I'm grateful to find this forum and thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.

I've been using Photoshop 7.0 on an XP system for many years but I've recently been forced to upgrade to windows 10.

I can't seem to locate a software purchase option that doesn't require a monthly cloud service plan.

Is there an affordable solution for stand alone PS software that is compatible with windows 10, where can I get it?

Thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey there Jeff and welcome to PSG.

Are you referring to a box version of Photoshop that would be compatible with Windows 10?

Ps CS6 was the last "stand alone' box version of Photoshop.

Here's what Adobe says about it...........

Adobe said:
Windows 10 is not a supported operating system for CS6 and earlier product versions. Limited testing with CS6 revealed no issues. Adobe recommends customers do their own testing on a non-production partition to ensure new OS'es work with their hardware, drivers, and workflows. Current support for CS6 is limited to up and running assistance (installation, deployment, downloading, and licensing) until discontinuation of support on May 31st, 2017.

I'm not certain about buying CS6, but here are a few I found: https://www.google.com/#q=Where+to+find+adobe+CS6&tbm=shop

My advice would be to go with CC!!!!!

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
I just bought a new Windows 10 computer a few weeks ago and installed my old CS5. It's only been a few weeks, but so far it seems to work perfectly.

gedstar

Guru
Last edited: