What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CC 2015.5

MrToM

Guru
Just for a laugh I was going to ask if all the bugs had been fixed but I guess that answers my question.

Thanks for the info, appreciated. :thumbsup:

Business as usual. :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

gedstar

Guru
Just for a laugh I was going to ask if all the bugs had been fixed but I guess that answers my question.

Thanks for the info, appreciated. :thumbsup:

Business as usual. :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

Nah I think they just introduced a load more :rofl: dam Adobe :banghead:

That's why you should always have a backup image of your PC and do it on a regular basis :cheesygrin:

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...That's why you should always have a backup image of your PC and do it on a regular basis...
I didn't realise CC 2015(2016?) was THAT bad!

Best to stay well away from it then eh?

Regards.
MrCC201**ser.

gedstar

Guru
I didn't realise CC 2015(2016?) was THAT bad!

Best to stay well away from it then eh?

Regards.
MrCC201**ser.

Neither did I but you learn the hard way! well it's on my work PC so plenty of time to find out what the problem is, going to wait a while before installing on my home machine

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Come on guys, we're talking about Adobe, what could be wrong? :biglaff:

Anyway, I did install it...and it works!
It took me 15 min or so.

After installing CC 2015.5 and auto uninstall CC 2015 there is a map CC 2015 remaining.
Remember to copy/paste your added styles, brushes, actions etc from the map CC 2015 into CC 2015.5!

And now let's see what's new...

MrToM

Guru
...but Ged.....you're missing the point....its packed full of new features!

It doesn't matter that nobody can get the damn thing to install / update / or whatever they call it....step back and look at the bigger picture.....its got new features!

I think you're giving it a hard time! :biglaff::biglaff::biglaff::biglaff:

Its only been in development for 12 months....some of the more mature bugs are [now] 11 years old.....give them time!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sticking with 2014.....it almost works slightly better than not at all.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Regards.
MrToM.

gedstar

Guru
Come on guys, we're talking about Adobe, what could be wrong? :biglaff:

Anyway, I did install it...and it works!
It took me 15 min or so.

After installing CC 2015.5 and auto uninstall CC 2015 there is a map CC 2015 remaining.
Remember to copy/paste your added styles, brushes, actions etc from the map CC 2015 into CC 2015.5!

And now let's see what's new...

There is an option to keep previous versions, saves you having to reinstall older versions if CC2015.5 goes belly up
http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/06/15/creative-cloud-delivering-more-choice-for-installations/

gedstar

Guru
@Paul MR

I already checked that and it's installed on my PC in work

pastedImage_0.png

No issues installing PS CC2015.5 on my home PC Win10 Pro
Thanks for the link all the same!

Last edited:

Paul MR

The Script Master
It might help if you re-installed it though. I had the same problem last week but with 2012 distro. A reinstall fixed it.

gedstar

Guru
It might help if you re-installed it though. I had the same problem last week but with 2012 distro. A reinstall fixed it.

Already tried that but keep getting access denied even though I have full admin rights on the PC local account, mind you the PC's on our domain and I just had a thought I'll try logging in with our Administrator domain account tomorrow and see what happens
Might be something to do with active directory group policy that's preventing me re-installing!

Thanks for the idea

Regards

Ged

gedstar

Guru
Well I finally fixed the issue on my work PC thanks to Paul MR for suggesting reinstalling Visual Studio 2015 C++
The issue I was having was that I kept getting access denied trying to re-install, so decided to reboot into safe mode and re-install Visual Studio 2015 C++ that way and it worked no access denied error and PS CC2015.5 is now opening :giggle: