What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADVICE PLEASE.....COLOUR CAST from HELL.

deano

ola senior.
thank you.Argos I am on the macbook pro. so i only have the laptop keypad. i think i will get myself a wacom is that the best step forward as i don't think i could use my finger tips well.
alternative i could use the quick selection tool but it seems not to like the black and white.

deano

gerry 3.pnghello Argos.
i have been trying a long time to correct the image. Can any body suggest how to make it more believable , the colour of the face looks poor.
any tips my friends?

Argos

Guru
Hi deano, it's a really nice job, looking at the image i think the edges of the selections is what you struggled the most, of course it's a matter of practice, see a lot of videotutorials and pratice, the pen tool is the hardest to learn, but in my opinion is the best one.

The face is a hard one, because of the burning white lights, in your case i think needs more color and contrast, use this tool for example

5.jpg

This way you can adjust the color and contrast without change the whites.

Edit: by the way i think you miss a finger XD

Last edited:

deano

hi Argos.
thanks for the advice. i will look at colour and contrast tomorrow.
also when do you know to use , normal, soft light etc. they all do different things?
good luck with whatever you are doing.
hey i just bought myself a Wacom tablet £70 so i will try use it tomorrow.

deano

i am getting there guys.SLOWLY
how do i do i affect the hair only?
do i have to do a selection
any other tips PLEASE. thank you.

gerry 4.jpg

Argos

Guru
Hi deano, with the hair i used the tool i show you before with a selection yes, i asume she has gray hair so i just add some red and yelow in the neutral and black zone , just a little bit, because i think is not real to stay absolutly grey with the sunlight and other colors reflections.

If her hair have some colour (black,brown) that will be extremely hard in my opinion because of the white burn.

Cheers!

deano

hi PSGi am struggling.i have selected the hair but cannot seem to colour it. And i am confused with how to adjust it any help please i don't understand pen tool quote sorry.Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 20.07.08.png

gedstar

Guru
With the hair selected hit CTRL J to copy it to a new layer then add a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to the hair layer and clip it to that layer, select colorize and adjust the Hue slider to adjust the color

Just a quick example done in a hurry so not perfect
Before
MTI2NTU0MTQzNzY1NTcyMjI3.jpg

With H/S adjustment
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

deano

thanks Gedstar i think the hair is more natural now.
Any thoughts of how i remove the harsh blue lines please PSG. many thanks.Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 13.12.01.png