What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo template that allows oversized images without overlap

xenon2000

I need to make a template that allows multiple image that will stay within it's own boundary but doesn't require that I crop each image. As I want to be able to move the image around within it's invisible border.

I should make an example image. But imagine 4 images 2x2, and that you don't want any borders inside or side this grid layout. Just 4 images right up against each other. But as a template I want the 4 images in their own layers where the images are likely larger than the area it will be visible. So that I can move the image around within that area. But without the extra image overlaping the nearby images basic on layer order. Right now I usually put them 4 in a row for layers, move them how I think I would like, then trim areas that overlap while using guide lines.

Is there some way to use knockouts that only affect a layer at a time? Or maybe some other method. I am having a hard time searching since I am not sure this is a common thing with a searchable term. Thanks.

xenon2000

Awesome, you nailed it! Thanks IamSam. Been so long since I used clipping masks! This is going to open up a lot for me now. lol. Thanks again.