What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

utterly stuck on hue saturation adjustment layer

overtonis

Hello,
Been at this while and just can't come up with fix. I am trying to get hue/saturation adjustment slider color to match color I have from color picker (pics attached). The hue number from color picker goes up to 360 while the hue value in adjustment layer slider only goes up to 180.

What I am trying to do is change specific color in the image (red) to another color (Hex #ffd1d6) using Hue/Saturation new adjustment layer. If you look in picture you can manually enter values for Hue, Saturation & Brightness for adjustment layer.

Image 1: Note this gives Hue # of 353. However, the Hue # in adjustment layer only goes up to 180.
color picker.jpg

Image 2: Here is Hue/Saturation adjustment layer settings. Trying to get color in Image 1 = Image 2
Hue Adjustment Slider.jpg

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it.

overtonis

Hi and Welcome to PSG

You need to enable Colorize

View attachment 65181

thanks but when I click colorize it takes away option of selecting specific color to change and defaults it to 'master' which then changes color of everything. I was hoping for a formula or something like it that can cross match hex # color and hue adjustment slider bar?

overtonis

Hi and welcome to the forum.

For changing or matching colors, this method works best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7je4T2dkRyQ

thanks but selection tool won't work for me because there are about 15 irregular shaped floral objects (all colored red) on single layer. Hue Saturation adjustment layer works perfectly but it doesn't allow me to pick specific color to replace the original (red in my case).

Attached is image I am trying to change. I want to be able to change red flowers to another specific color (with color Hex #)
red flowers.png

hawkeye

Guru
Select red from the dropdown list. Use the eyedropper tools to add to or deduct color. Manually adjust the slider at the bottom to confine the selection color or expand it. Use the HSL sliders ro alter the color.

Attachments

• MaxthonSnap20160707141522.png
    MaxthonSnap20160707141522.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 1

overtonis

Select red from the dropdown list. Use the eyedropper tools to add to or deduct color. Manually adjust the slider at the bottom to confine the selection color or expand it. Use the HSL sliders ro alter the color.

how would you change the previous red color to Hex #ffd1d6 ?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Red flowers selected with Color range........
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.16.33 PM.png

Used "Match Color" to make them #ffd1d6 PINK!
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.17.44 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Worked even better with the Quick Selection tool.

Red
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.22.05 PM.png

Pink using color match.
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.22.42 PM.png

overtonis

Thanks to everyone who replied. What ended up working best I figured out. So for those who might be following:

1. Used selection tool to isolate red flowers then put them on another layer.
2. Double click on that layer and select 'color overlay' and input the Hex color #.

Again thanks
Carl