What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help on removing magenta color on IR photos

Hi guys would like to ask, how to you remove the magenta color at the center of the image on the sky, trees and water. Thanks in advance! :cheesygrin:
. winter.jpg

Argos

Guru
I tried using selective colour tool in all the image but doesn't erase the magenta completly so i add some desaturate, selective colour with selection adjustments aswell. Maybe someone know an easy and effective method.

winter2.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I tried using color correction in all the image but doesn't erase the magenta completly so i add some desaturate, color correction with selection adjustments aswell. Maybe someone know an easy and effective method.Cheers!

Hey @Argos Great job, can you explain more precisely what you did? I believe the OP was asking how to do it. It will also help any other viewers who may want to know in future reading.Thanks!

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Hi IamSam, i speaked with the op by mp, my mistake was to say "color correction", i had look at the name of the tool in english photoshop and its called "selective colour".

Cheers!

I just edited the original post, in case someone else need it.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My attempt was the same as Argos and I also used a "Selective Color" adjustment layer.

I altered the Magenta....
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.38.44 AM.png

And the blues.....
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.38.55 AM.png

I also used the adjustment layers-layer mask to mask only the areas I wish for the "Selective Color" adjustment to affect.
This way I'm not changing the color of the clouds.............except those in the center.
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.39.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.38.08 AM.png

MrToM

Guru
IamSam

Did you leave your working colour profile on this deliberately?

It may not look right to everyone else unless its in sRGB.

Haven't noticed this before with your images so just thought I'd mention it.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@IamSam

Did you leave your working colour profile on this deliberately?

It may not look right to everyone else unless its in sRGB.

Haven't noticed this before with your images so just thought I'd mention it.

Regards.
MrToM.

Yes. This is a screenshot.

Nice! i think if you want you also can improve the colours on the trees and grass, looks kind of odd yellow old photo, in some parts. Unless thats is what youre were looking for of course.

Cheers!

Yes. I wanted it to look a little yellow so i used the curve tool to balance it out. Thank you so much for your help sir! :)