What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to outline black border

active

Hello,
I want to outline my Rendered UVW Template, basically it's low poly object so I can't make outlines to the actual geometry, I will have to create many unwanted polygons for just for the outline. I have tried many of the photoshop's tools but nothing worked out for me. Those lines are angled so they are hard to create. I need some tool which create line between to points, Pen tool didn't worked.
I have very less knowledge of photoshop, if it's possible please guide me the easiest way possible.

I am Attaching Screenshots which explains what I want to do.

Regards,
M.Aqib

Attachments

• Outline to UVs.png
    Outline to UVs.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 12

MrToM

Guru
Why didn't the Pen tool work?

This is exactly the situation where the Pen tool would be ideal for what you want....and its what I would suggest to use.

Alternatively you could create a polygonal 'shape' with zero fill but then you'd have to edit that shape by moving the anchor points.

If you are accurate with the brush tool you can use it in combination with SHIFT to draw straight lines but its not easily 'editable' afterwards....you'd have to get it right as you go.

Maybe you're just not using the Pen tool correctly?

0:44 NO AUDIO

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

SCTRWD

Power User
Press Ctrl+Alt+2 to select lines. With selection active add some layer, say, Levels. To this layer add Stroke Effect with Center position and the size that you need.

fredfish

Guru
Just wanted to add to MrToms post.

I was trying to think why the pen tool didn't work for you and about the only thing I could come up with it that in order for point to point straight lines to work make sure that you DON'T click drag. You should click and release at each point.

You may also find it handy to turn on "Rubber Band" - this will allow you to see the line that will be created before committing. You can activate Rubber band by selecting it from the Pen tools options on the bar that comes up when you select the pen tool. The Rubber band option has been there since CS6 so as long as you have CS6 or above this should work.

Rubber band.jpg

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
A couple more thoughts......

Have you actually got the Pen tool active? Or have you perhaps got the Freeform pen tool activated instead?

pen tool 1.jpg

If you don't know how to change it - click with the left button and hold for a second on the Pen tool icon and the fly-out will appear - you can also simply Right click on the icon and the fly-out will appear immediately.

Also once you have created your path with the pen tool you can fine tune / adjust the individual points by using the Direct selection tool.

pen tool 2.jpg

Once selected you can move each individual point by clicking on it and then dragging.

Cheers

John

active

The video works for the most of it but I don't know what happened and the last two looking rather odd, whenever I try to close the shape the minus sign (-) appear. I don't know what's wrong that's why I am attaching you the photoshop file.

Attachments

• Soccer_1k.zip
    219.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

active

After Finishing, it turned something like this.

Soccer_Ball.jpg

Thank you all for helping.
My Deepest Regards.