What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradient Editor Is Missing Key Settings...Can No Longer Pick Gradient Type & More..

Midtex22

Hello All,

First, thank you for taking the time to look at this.

My gradient editor is missing key settings including: stops, presets, gradient type, name and smoothness settings. It used to work just fine and then one day all of those settings disappeared and now I’m left with a gradient editor box that doesn’t allow me to edit anything. I apologize if I’m not using the correct terms, I’m a newbie. Please help me get it back! Thanks in advance.

GRADIENT EDITOR SCREENSHOT .png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Gradient Editor Is Missing Key Settings...Can No Longer Pick Gradient Type & More

Hello and welcome to PSG.

You need to reset your preferences.

This is how to reset your preferences in Photoshop: Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop, you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. Click yes. Deleting the file will create a new set of preferences from scratch.

Midtex22

Re: Gradient Editor Is Missing Key Settings...Can No Longer Pick Gradient Type & More

Your answer was spot on. All I did was re-set my preferences and bingo! This has been driving me bonkers so thank you so very much for the advice. You're the best.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Your very welcome, I'm glad it worked.