What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scan line effect - Replication help

Hey guys!
Just got myself Photoshop CC, and I must say its real confusing at first glance (previous GIMP user).
Does anyone know how to reproduce the white lines in the image attatched? In GIMP there was a remove every other line effect, and with this project I want the lines to gradually get thicker the further they are down the page.
If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
-Max

Attachments

• sound_image_for_sc.jpg
    sound_image_for_sc.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is there a chance you could upload a bigger version because this one is very tiny and it is difficult to see what the upper side really looks like.

Hey man
These two images have the same effect that I want to replicate
Thanks for your help

(PS dont worry about the worn effect on the lines, i know how to do that)

Attachments

• sound_image_for_sc (1).jpg
    sound_image_for_sc (1).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1800x1800sr.jpg
    1800x1800sr.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 2

hawkeye

Guru
On a new layer, make your first line with the rect. marque tool at the top and fill it.
Select the line.
With the line selected, hit Ctrl+alt+T.
This brings up transform. Drag down to duplicate the line below the original, and in the upper tool bar change the height setting to something slightly over 100%. (I used 102% for the example)
Hit enter.
Now hit Ctrl+Alt+shift+T repeatedly and each time the line will be moved, duplicated, and the height increased by the percentage first entered.

Attachments

• LuxorTemple06.jpg
    LuxorTemple06.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 0