What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this brush?

Jirka Zavadil

Hello,

www.photoshopgurus.com.png

does anyone know what is this brush? Or do you have any similar brush?
If so I would be grateful if you share it with me.

Thanks for any replies.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Please understand that there are literally thousands of different brushes on the internet and virtually thousands of other techniques that may involve combinations of textures and brushes mixed together to create any given effect. Unless the brush used in the image of question, contains clearly identifiable characteristics that can be immediately identified, it would incredibly hard to identify. One method that has worked well for me is to contact the original artist, if one can be found, and simply ask. Otherwise, identifying the brush or the technique used in any random image is a matter of guessing, experimentation, and trial and error.

Hopefully someone may recognize the brush or technique. But I wouldn't expect exact results from your inquiry if any at all. Good luck!

fredfish

Guru
I am assuming that you are talking about the background? If so then it looks like a dry media chalk brush painted with a fairly large brush on its own layer and then blended using a combination of blend modes and opacity. Judging by the fluidity I would guess that it was created using a graphics tablet and pen rather than a mouse (though that is just a guess).

If you are talking about the animal figure in the foreground that that was likely created independently - you could almost certainly re-create it using the pen tool. A good practice exercise - but remember it is still someone else art.

I agree with @IamSam that you could do worse than trying to contact the origional artist.

Last edited: