What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sergio Hegner

Hi friends,

I'm stubborn and even knowing that this is not a good background to extract I wonder what I"m doing wrong for getting this terrible selection with the new "refine and mask" tool.
How do I clean those white/gray blemishes ?? Is this a Photoshop bug?? Yes, if i use the brush tool I can clean it but it's not easy to do that around the hair where I thought I could use the refine tool but it just does not works like the previous "refine edge"
Which method would you use to remove this background?

Mac OS El Capitan
PS 2015.5.1

Thanking in advance,
Sergio

Captura de Tela 2016-08-16 às 01.43.45.png

Captura de Tela 2016-08-16 às 01.45.17.png

Sergio Hegner

Help removing this background?!

Hi friends,

Which method would you use to remove this background? Would you mind to teach me?
I've tried using the new select and mask but it looks terrible.

Mac OS El Capitan
PS 2015.5.1

Thanking in advance,
Sergio

Portrait.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This is a tricky one.
You could use color range and select the greens, desaturate them and make them as light as possible. This is for the hair, the rest can be added later.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good call Eggy............that's what I was thinking also.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
There's a plugin, Topaz Remask, but I've tried it once on a simular picture. I ended up selecting hair by hair and I was close to throw my PC out the window!

:eek: