What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After running an action I get this on the panel

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What version of Ps are you using?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have a link to the action?

Temp101

It's the luminosity action of the bundle. I noticed when I try to make a selection from the "basic mid tones" channel I get a warning of no pixels are more than 50% selected.

MrToM

Guru
...Why does the layer turn this color after running this action?...
This is because the action leaves a channel other than RGB selected when it finishes.

To replicate it select any channel created by the action, switch back to the "Layers" panel and the layer will be highlighted.

Switch back to the "Channels" panel, select RGB at the very top, (or either R, G or B), switch back again to the "Layers" panel and the highlight will be gone.

You did also mention a warning but that seems to have been deleted, whatever, you don't need to worry about it...its an annoying "quirk" with PS that any pixels of less than 50% opacity will not be shown with a marquee around them. You can ignore the warning, thats all it is, a warning, whatever pixels are used are still used regardless of the what the marquee shows you.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is because the action leaves a channel other than RGB selected when it finishes.

To replicate it select any channel created by the action, switch back to the "Layers" panel and the layer will be highlighted.
Of the thousands of times I have used duplicated channels or have used channels created by actions, I've NEVER noticed the change in the layers highlight color!

I still learn something new every day!

I looked everywhere online for an answer to this one! Seems that this would be mentioned somewhere.

@MrToM ..............you ARE the MAN! Thanks!

Normal..
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 11.02.38 AM.png

With duplicate channel selected....
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 10.52.46 AM.png

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

Its always been there but its subtlety probably means it goes unnoticed, I guess they've made it more obvious in later versions.

Regards.
MrToM.