What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nikhil Soni

BLM_Frame3_1024x1024.jpg

Where to find similar looking texture? If you have a good collection of textures then please give the link to download.

gedstar

Guru
Hi

I noticed that you have been looking for help from our forum members in relation to how to do things in Photoshop, yet in the responses you have got so far you have not replied with examples of what you have actually done with the help you have been given.
Your post above suggest that you are looking for links to free textures, have you heard of Google?
https://www.google.ie/search?q=free...ved=0ahUKEwjVt7-dhuLOAhXMCMAKHRMXC6gQ_AUIBigB

Regards
Ged

Forum Moderator

fredfish

Guru
That's rude "what you have actually done with the help you have been given."

I too am a fairly junior member (though been hanging around for ages). I think what Ged is getting at is if you hit and run in a forum like this then in the long term people will eventually get fed up and stop answering your questions.

Remember that the people that frequent this forum are enthusiastic users and provide help through a desire to help people get better with Photoshop.

In that context I completely understand (and agree with) Geds comment about feeding back if the help you have been provided has proved beneficial - and the best way to do that is to provide examples.

Just My Humble Opinion of course.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
To add to Fred's thoughtful response:

a) No one here, neither staff members or other regulars are paid one cent to answer questions. We are all volunteers. So, when someone like yourself who obviously already knows a good bit about Photoshop comes along with nothing but question after question, and doesn't participate in the forum in any other way (eg, by helping others, by discussing the background behind all their requests, etc.), it's easy for the volunteers to feel that they are being taken advantage of, being treated as servants, etc.

b) Our members are scattered around the world, and so, have different expectations with respect to how courtesy is expressed, how much "small talk" (i.e., discussion not related to the question at hand) is appropriate with people who are helping you but whom you don't really know, etc. etc. This is analogous to the question of how friendly should a student be with their teacher, and this obviously varies from culture to culture. In addition, we understand that language differences can make subtle social interactions difficult.

So, my recommendations would be for you to:

a) Take a moment and read over some of the other active threads in the forum that you are not directly involved with. Consider helping out by offering advice to others in areas in which you are knowledgable;

b) Tell us a bit about yourself and the projects you are working on;

c) Don't worry about coming across as being overly familiar. A nice balance between familiarity and formality is always the best approach.

d) And, as Gedstar suggested, from time to time, let the people who have helped you know that the advice they have given you has actually been helpful to you. That's what every teacher wants to hear, no matter what country or culture you come from.

Best regards,

Tom M