What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please can someone explain me step by step how to do the following masking on Ps CS6!

HenryWilson

Capture.jpg.PNG
The following paragraph describe the first layer from the top.
The first icon of the first layer from the top is the the scratching texture, the second icon represent the first mask done from the Layers panel (and it masks a gradient), and there is a second mask which is created by dragging from the Layer 1 (the second layer from the top) the vector shape icon over the the first layer (the scratch texture). Can someone help me.

I'm following this video.

https://youtu.be/OBGfmKl81EA

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Re: Please can someone explain me step by step how to do the following masking on Ps

The process is explained step by step in the video.....what is it you do not follow?

There is one minor thing in your statement, the first mask is not masking a gradient, it IS a gradient, which masks the 'scratch' layer...maybe that's where the confusion is?

The second mask is just a copy of the layer 1 vector mask, which can be done easily by using ALT + Click and DRAGGING the mask from one layer to another....holding ALT is almost universally used for copying almost anything....in PS anyway.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited: