What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I do this?

photoshop123

Hi. I wanna polish the picture below. How can I do it? There are too many pages so I can't do it manually, I need some kind of method. Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

You have not really provided enough information or enough sample image for us to help you out. When you say polish, I will assume your referring to cleaning up and smoothing the lines of the image by reducing or removing the aliasing. There just not enough context as to what the lines are or belong to for us to offer any useful suggestions.

Next you make reference to having too many pages so you cant do it manually. Photoshop is not a magic program that can do the work for you. When it comes to imagery, Photoshop automation is useless unless it's performing the same exact function for each image. If each of you images are different and have different black lines/images, tones, hues, opacities, coloration, etc.,(especially if those lines were not on separate layers), then the automation would be extremely limited.

If at all possible, could you provide some more information about what your trying to do? Thanks.

Tom Mann

Guru
Sam is right: We obviously need a lot more info to really figure out what can be done within the constraints you are operating under, but to get the conversation going, I'll mention that there are essentially two major ways to do a semi-automated fix of the stairstep (ie, "pixellated") edges. The first is to bring the image into Adobe Illustrator and use its "Image Trace" capability. Unfortunately, one always has to tweak the results, so, although this method is partially automated, it still is quite labor intensive in most cases.

The second method is to use a little known plugin, Power Retouche Pro's "Anti-alias", followed by blurring and thresholding. Once the letters to be improved are selected, this can be made into an action, but at best, the result looks like a lumpy, poorly drawn cartoon from the 1940's, with severe rounding of every corner that is supposed to be sharp (see below). If the final size of each character is small, maybe something like this will be tolerable.

Give us some more info and maybe something else will come to mind.

Tom M

Attachments

• image-demo_PRP_anti-alias-ps02a-for_GIF.gif
    image-demo_PRP_anti-alias-ps02a-for_GIF.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

photoshop123

Thanks for answers.
Some change this photo:

To this:

He polished the lines and he said he did it in Photoshop. I want to do this myself.
If you zoom enough you can see the difference.
Thanks.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
He polished the lines and he said he did it in Photoshop. I want to do this myself.
If you zoom enough you can see the difference.
Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. Did he mention how he did it? Is there anyway of asking him how he did it?

inkpad.t

Guru
if its an image with lots of text, try taking it into a free vector program like Inkscape and trace it. that might help don't know but its worth a try for free.