What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resizing with Content aware in PS 2017

SuzPhotos

I used Photoshop's Image / Image Size tool, made sure the "Resample (automatic)" option was selected, and entered 698 pixels as the vertical dimension.

Different sized displays and different web browsers may change the order in which images appear, so referring to them by terms like "top" or "first" can be ambiguous. The easiest way to distinguish them is that the one I worked on has the darker background with almost no greens or browns, and smoother, more glowing skin on the woman. Also, on desktops and laptops, you can hover the cursor over each photo and its file name will appear. The resized version of the original that you posted includes the words, "-as_originally_posted-down_rezed_to_698px_hi".

I started with that one, down rez'ed it (since I knew it was just for purposes of illustration, and only going to be used in this forum) and then applied significant further editing..

On a desktop or laptop PC, to download images from this forum, just right click on the image and select, "Save image as". On any other device, eg, a phone or a Mac, you'll have to follow whatever procedure you usually use to download images.

Also, no, I didn't upload this down-rez'ed variant of your image to dropbox because I only worked on it in this smaller version for purposes of illustration in this thread, not for printing or other actual use.

Canon makes many consumer grade lenses. In fact, consumer grade lenses, by far, constitute the bulk of its photographic lens sales. For many applications, this class of lens can be perfectly acceptable, it's just that they often exhibit minor image flaws (eg, busy bokeh, vignetting, curvature of field, geometric distortions, flare, etc.) that are greatly reduced in pro models.

EXIF data on your images show that you are using a Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. This model was introduced 7 years ago, in Fall 2009. Among all Canon zoom lenses sold by B&H photo, one of the largest suppliers of photographic equipment in the world, your lens costs $399. When ranked in order of decreasing price, it is #30 out of 45, ie, in the lowest 66th percentile.

Bob Atkins, the well-known photographic technical expert reviewed it here:
http://photo.net/equipment/canon/efs18-135/review/

His conclusions were:

Tom M

You took a lot of time to get me where I need to be and I thank you so much. I am going to copy and paste your instructions, above for future reference. I downloaded the hi res version to have a gallery wrap made. Thanks again!