What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image designed to wrap around a cup

mikecox

I have been asked to provide images, formatted as jpg or png, that will be applied to cups. I'd like the image to have a drop shadow but with a transparent background can I do that with a png file?

I'm also concerned that a flat image would look unnatural stuck on a round surface. How would I create an image that would appear to wrap and would I need the circumference of the cup to create the wrap effect?

mikecox

you can open your png , and make it into a 3D cilinder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggdf3nsua8kp1fy/png on a cup.mp4?dl=0

or

you can open this psd and change the image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ayril84h47bv1/Cup.psd?dl=0

Thanks for this response but I was hoping for a reference, like an online tutorial or an article in PC Magazine; I have back issues but have no idea how to search them as a group, I need something that would walk me through the steps. I need to know how to take a flat image and change it into one that curves, that I can send to the vendor, who can apply it to a cup; a cup whose dimensions I, at this point, have no idea of.

Is it possible to do that, not knowing anything about the cup's circumference?

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
it's the vendor that can give you the dimensions for the image

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
No need to give him your picture dimensions.
As he's printing those images on cups, T-shirts ect... he has his own graphic program (probably PS) to make any image fit on the product.

mikecox

Good point. Thanks