What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seamless pattern help

astrophoto

Hi all, I have been using PS for around 10 - 15 years, so I know my way around a little, but not a pro. I have a problem which I hope I can describe in such a way that is easy to understand.
OK, I have a job to do where I need to design hydro graphic film. I need to design a tile with a complex design but it has to match on all sides (square) and repeated so it can be printed to the film up to 50 meters.
I understand the pattern tool and using the offset filter, but I need it to loose the lines so it perfectly flows.

Any idea's would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Steve

SCTRWD

Power User
I often use 3D->New Tiled Painting for this task.

Make a new layer with your pattern. Then go to 3D->New Tiled Painting. You'll see your pattern tiled on a 3x3 grid.
Make sure you have "Paint on" option in a 3D panel set to Diffuse texture.
Now use Clone or any painting tool to draw anywhere on your 3D layer and the tiles will update automatically to reflect your changes.
When you are done just open the Diffuse texture and save it as a pattern.