What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating tabular price lists in PS?

zudecke

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a price list menu, but I am struggling to keep all the text aligned.

It's for a menu where the tens, units and decimals need to be accurately aligned.

I cobbled together an example of how it's appearing for me when I try this as well as a good example (the '4.88' one) of what I am trying to achieve (which was obviously created in a Word processor or spreadsheet).

Any tips? Do I need to get the char spacing right?

Many thanks,

Z

Attachments

• prices_misaligned.JPG
    prices_misaligned.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 18
  • good_example.JPG
    good_example.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

Is this what you want to achieve, if so just highlight the text and adjust the Horizontal Scale
Untitled.jpg

zudecke

Hi and Welcome to PSG

Is this what you want to achieve, if so just highlight the text and adjust the Horizontal Scale
View attachment 69382
Close, but in your example, you can still see that the decimals and commas are not aligned. So not quite right for what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks nonetheless!

Interesting.. But surely there's a way to get the char spacing to accommodate for the biggest char of the typeface (given a specific font size)?

Does anybody happen to know the typeface used in the '4.88' example I attached to my first post? That might help!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure I'm following.

You can easily line up the numbers, commas, and decimals with just about any font. Are you placing the 'prices' on their own layers so they can be positioned?

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 7.33.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 7.46.17 AM.png