What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make part of image transparent

prosell

Garment photo has a couple of places that are see through and white due to white sheet. I know how to cut out the background and make it transparent but the see through parts of garment won't show transparent. Is there a way to make this see through parts transparent as well.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 5
Garment photo has a couple of places that are see through and white due to white sheet. I know how to cut out the background and make it transparent but the see through parts of garment won't show transparent. Is there a way to make this see through parts transparent as well.

Easy man just add a colored layer and adjust opacity or transparency .

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, if your talking about the lacy netting and making a selection of it, this can be rather difficult. Without seeing the original image and only having this screenshot to go by, I would say that selecting it so you can remove the sheet background (make transparent) is going to be a challenge. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you would need to upload the original image for us to test techniques on.

LaceOnDress_01.png

edit: In this thread we discussed restoring the transparency of very thin fabric, but I'm not sure if it will work here: New here..can someone help

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, having the image you posted above is not much help. The image is too small and there's just nothing to work with.
Tom Mann can tell you more about this but I would re-photograph the dress using the proper background, lighting, and technique.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Resizing won't help. There's simply not enough digital information with which to make a proper selection of the netting.

As you can see, no details.
Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 9.36.13 AM.png

This is a higher resolution image at the same zoom as the image above.
Much better details that could be selected.
Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 9.38.53 AM.png

prosell

I'm new to photograhy. I have a apartment. What would be the better way to take photo. I have two stand up photography lights. I put the setting on av and set it to f8 which is the biggest it will go. Is there a better setting I can put the camera on?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My photography skills are limited. There are other members who would be much better suited to answer this question. Tom Mann is one of our mods and will be along shortly to offer some advice.