What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand Design Template - Bugging me

JJSully

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick question to ask something that I have been wondering a while.

I would like to try and design my own brand and I have been looking on various websites on how to do this.

It seems that there is some sort of blank template or layout by Photoshop or from a 3rd Party, that you can add your design to for instance, business cards, stationary, packaging, accessories, letter head etc

I have added pictures of some peoples design.
Design 1.png
Design 2.png
Design 3.png

Is there a special name for the template because I have seen many designers use this with their own designs.

Sometimes on quite a few designs there is generic writing always starting with 'Lorem Ipsum' ?

It would be great to hear back

Kind regards,

JJ

Jerry D

Power User
Google is your friend :cheesygrin:.....per Wikipedia, " Lorem Ipsum is a filler text commonly used to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation. Replacing meaningful content with placeholder text allows designers to design the form of the content before the content itself has been produced."

fredfish

Guru
Just add to Jerrys post have a look at this site - it contains a good description of Lorum Ipsum, some history and a very useful generator.

http://www.lipsum.com/

With regard to the first part of your question - the examples that you posted look like they are "Template" files. Often people will release a package that contains a number of "Smart Objects" that will allow you to put your own design in once and have it replicated in a variety of different formats to see how your business stationary looks. These are usualy called "Mock - ups". If you do a search on Google for "Photoshop mock-up free" you should get some good examples to get the general idea.

However you will still need to think about your own design and then put that in to the Mock up.

Have a look and if you still aren't sure come back and ask some more questions (some people have a bit of difficulty working out how to use the mock up files).

Good Luck

John