What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tablet for Photoshop use?

dimlead

Friends, i am going to buy a tablet and i need to use photoshop on it. Not some deep work, just corrections and so on for social media stuff. My two ideas are
Acer Aspire Switchh 10v (4core 1.84 GHz 2GB RAM) or :Lenovo Ideapad miix 310.(4core 1.44 GHz 4GB RAM). According to what i read in forums, both should be able to launch it, but i still need someone to reassure me, because i don't want to buy the device only to find that it won't run it. Again, i am not planning to do some heavy photoshoping, just simple corrections of photos from time to time :)

dimlead

Hi and Welcome to PSG

That depends on what version of Photoshop you have, if it's Photoshop CC forget about running it on a tablet

You can take a look here, but you have to remember these are the minimum specs, you really need to consider the recommended specs
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Well i don't have photoshop, i plan to buy it when i buy the tablet. Do i have right to chose older version, i mean i need just the good old basic photoshop?

fredfish

Guru
It sounds to me you would want something like Photoshop Touch - but that is designed for Android and IOS. However if you look further in to it they have based touch on Photoshop elements - Elements is certainly less resource hungry (and I agree with GED that you would probably be backing a looser if you are expecting full blown CC to run on those tablets - they aren't the most highly specced machines). It is entirely possible that Elements would work reasonably well on the systems you describe - you can always download a trial and find out once you have the tablet. From what you describe as your needs I think Elements would be powerful enough for you.

Cheers

John

**EDIT post crossed with Ged - I agree with his suggestion of looking at the free alternatives.