What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to export 24bit 96dpi png image?

lisalong

When I open new photoshop document I create a file with 96dpi, then I export it by using 'save for web' PNG-24 tool, however when I open the file in Preview and go to image inspector it shows that the image is 8bit and 72dpi...

could anyone suggest me how can I export 24bit 96dpi PNG image?

sc00t

My understanding is that DPI has no bearing on web anyway - it's really only used for print. I would be surprised if you see a massive difference in quality from 96dpi to 72dpi on a web based PNG file, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, the Save For Web function saves only at 72DPI and that can't be changed. Your only alternative is to use the standard Save As option.

Hope this helps.
-sc00t

Edit: See this thread for confirmation of the 72DPI save for web default setting: http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/15083/save-for-web-in-photoshop-with-custom-dpi