What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of appearance of photoshop file

Adrian_beak

I have been working on this photoshop file for a while now, it has several layers. Today after dragging a photo onto it from my desktop, the look of the entire file changed completely. There have appeared empty spaces in a the images and layers and some random black lines. Anyone knows how this may be fixed?

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 3.06.17 PM.png

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

Is there any chance you could upload the PSD, also you could check the history state and go back to before you inserted the image that caused the issue.
Do you have a backup copy of the PSD, it's always a good idea to create backups

What OS and PS version are you using?

Edit: just seen the screenshot

Looks like the PSD file has become corrupt somehow, unless you have a backup copy I'm afraid you could be out of luck

Last edited:

Adrian_beak

Hi there and thanks for the prompt response to my post!

I am on Mac OS and using Photoshop CC 2014.

Basically after uploading the photo I closed the file and saved it. Once I re-opened it, it was like that. I still have all the folders and layers on the file, but they are all altered. Visually, it seems as though parts of each layer are missing.

Here are some more screenshots:

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 3.35.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 3.36.02 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can you post a screenshot of your layers panel?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry I don't use a MAC so wont be of much help to you I'm afraid
I don't think this is a Mac or Ps problem. Like you said it could be a corrupt psd or improper technique.

Seeing the psd file would be the best way for us to help you out.