What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking an eyeball while holding the Alt key does nothing!

mikecox

For some reason when I click the eyeball of a layer, while holding the Alt key, nothing happens. That shortcut is supposed to turn all the eyeball off, except the one that is selected but it is no longer doing that. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't fix it. Is there a setting somewhere the cancels this shortcut?

As far as I know that key combination has not been remapped but if it had is there a way to force it back to its default?

gedstar

Guru
Re: Clicking an eyeboll while holding the Alt key does nothing!

Hi

Have you tried resetting PS preferences
Untitled1.jpg

mikecox

thanks for the suggestion but, sadly, it didn't fix the problem )-:

thebestcpu

Guru

Hi Mike
One possibility is that you have at the top of the Layer Panel set the filter option to a mode that causes this effect. Turn off that filter and see if the problem is resolved.
That is my best guess yet it could be something else too I am sure.
John Wheeler

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Yes. If your filter type is set to anything other than KIND, the shortcut will not work.

mikecox

Hi Mike
One possibility is that you have at the top of the Layer Panel set the filter option to a mode that causes this effect. Turn off that filter and see if the problem is resolved.
John Wheeler
Hi John,

I've got something set because when I closed the project and opened a new one, and made several copies on the image I loaded and tried the Alt-click option it worked as expected.

I tried to figure out what setting you referred, there is a filter toggle, but that didn't do anything. I finally gave up but that's ok, at least I know it's working, just not on this project. No doubt it's something I did without realizing it.

Thanks for chiming in (-:

mikecox

Hi Mike
John Wheeler
It's happened again, on my new project I have several layers with several selections etc. but i don't know what I'm doing to make the Alt click option stop working on eyeballs?? I don't recall this ever happening before.

alt fails again.jpg

fredfish

Guru

It's happened again, on my new project I have several layers with several selections etc. but i don't know what I'm doing to make the Alt click option stop working on eyeballs?? I don't recall this ever happening before.

View attachment 70376

Change the setting from "Artboard" to "Kind" and you should be fine.

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Change the setting from "Artboard" to "Kind" and you should be fine.

Cheers

John
Thanks John, this is what I explained in post #5.

mikecox

Hi Mike
John Wheeler
Thanks, John! When I opened Ps this morning it was back at Kind and the shortcut is working again.

I have never paid attention to the "Layer Filter", I'm guessing that was the filter you were talking about in your earlier response. I am going to read up on this filter out!