What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I get some advice for this? TIA!

mavin

Me and my Gf is in long distance relationship, so I decided to do this just for fun, but my knowledge in Photoshop brought me to this result :(
selfie2.jpg

can I have any advice for me to improve this project?
any help will be highly appreciated.
:cheesygrin:

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Mavin
First, nice looking couple.
I am assuming you brought a picture of each of you and merged them together in PS.

- With that assumption, your picture white balance is slight off compared to your gf and it would be an improvement to match them in color temperature.

- There is not much you can do about this next comment yet it is clear the lighting was totally different for the two of you. Lots of deeper shadows on gf than on you. That is a lot of work to correct and you could be better off trying to start with images of each of you with similar lighting. Still a very cute picture with different lighting

- Another thing that stood out to me is that the both bodies look as if there are side by side yet your head appears to be closer than hers i.e. not ear to ear spacing. So it looks as if your head is leaning in ahead of her (not natural)

- The last thing is an unknown to me and that is your relative head sizes. Yours looks larger and that just may be the case. One way to check is measure the relative spacing of the eyes for each person. Is the relative space between eyes for the two of you at the same distance correct for this picture. If not, if could indicate a scaling problem with one of your heads.

Hope that helps

John Wheeler

Argos

Guru
I agree with Thebestcpu, but i was bored so i tried to match the light direction on the face, ading some shadows and lights on face, hair and body...

I made this one just for fun, in my opinion it's almost imposible to make it look real changing the light on a picture.

selfie2r3.jpg

Btw: What you did you do in your eyes?
Cheers!

Last edited:

mavin

Hi Mavin
First, nice looking couple.
I am assuming you brought a picture of each of you and merged them together in PS.

- With that assumption, your picture white balance is slight off compared to your gf and it would be an improvement to match them in color temperature.

- There is not much you can do about this next comment yet it is clear the lighting was totally different for the two of you. Lots of deeper shadows on gf than on you. That is a lot of work to correct and you could be better off trying to start with images of each of you with similar lighting. Still a very cute picture with different lighting

- Another thing that stood out to me is that the both bodies look as if there are side by side yet your head appears to be closer than hers i.e. not ear to ear spacing. So it looks as if your head is leaning in ahead of her (not natural)

- The last thing is an unknown to me and that is your relative head sizes. Yours looks larger and that just may be the case. One way to check is measure the relative spacing of the eyes for each person. Is the relative space between eyes for the two of you at the same distance correct for this picture. If not, if could indicate a scaling problem with one of your heads.

Hope that helps

John Wheeler

:thanks: so much for taking time to reply to this thread. I feel more inspired to study more about editing in PS.
btw sorry for my english. It's not my native language. :D

I will try to look for another picture of us that has similar lightnings, I think I need to study more about mixing temps and curves for me to atleast make this project look better.
Thank you so much Sir John! :salute:

I agree with Thebestcpu, but i was bored so i tried to match the light direction on the face, ading some shadows and lights on face, hair and body...

I made this one just for fun, in my opinion it's almost imposible to make it look real changing the light on a picture.

View attachment 70531

Btw: What you did you do in your eyes?
Cheers!

woah! thanks for this Sir Argos!
for sure if you do the whole thing it will look like almost real. :D

haha I cropped and moved the black part of my eyes to make it look like we're looking at the same direction. as I thought it's an epic fail. :(

mavin

also this is our individual pictures which this project came from, 15626434_1577013645648109_6456304712129546248_o.jpg13612201_1183155555061685_757672238030239149_n.jpg

these are the best picture that I found, out of the pictures that I have looked. but I will try to search again for better lighting match as per Sir John's advice.

Thank you so much guys!

Last edited: