What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP: Tutorial for this effect (picture attached)

jessic

Help! I'm working on a new company logo, in which I need to do something similar to this effect, shown below. I want my word to bend with the shape, a triangle, not a custom shape. I have tried creating the shape with the pen tool and using it as a text box, but it doesn't give to shape like it does here. If anyone can help, I would be so grateful! I've clear run out of ideas.

download.png

Rich54

Guru
I don't know if it's possible to do this automatically. (Attempting to pin the text to a Pen Tool vector shape was a good idea, though.) Here's what I was able to come up with:

- Create the text for the word BROWN one letter at a time, each letter on its own layer.
- Rasterize the text layers.
- For each letter individually, use Edit>Transform>Scale to adjust the heights of each letter, which I've done below in the image labeled Step 1.
- Then, for each letter individually, use Edit>Transform>Skew to raise one corner of each letter to match your triangle shape. (image labeled Step 2.)

I think the choice of font is important to get the least distortion in the thickness of the letters. I used Arial in this example, but there may be better choices.

Step1.jpg

Step2.jpg