What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour gradient?

Arten K

Hi everybody! I would like to make a gradient like this for a kids workshop (to print as a background basically, size around 1x1m). Any idea on how to make this?
41Ymzs1.jpg

I would make it without the cells, anyway my guess is they have been superimposed last, after creating the colours.
Seems fairly easy but I use PS only for retouching from time to time, so I have no idea..
Thank you!
Arten

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Create a blanc canvas (in this case 3000 x 3000 px) and fill it with white.
Add a blanc layer on top and use a large soft brush to apply the four colors you want (make sure the center of the brush is on each corner and that the colors overlap somewhat.
With that colored layer active apply the filter 'pixelate/mosaic' and make the blocks at your desired size.

Untitled-2.jpg

Arten K

Thanks, I'll be trying tonight. Do you have any suggestions on the brush mode? Or should I use normal mode?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Use the normal mode but if you're not happy with the result make the 'white' layer a bit darker and play with the opacity.

Arten K

ok i tried...kind of. This is the result.
test_colour.jpg
What resolution and DPI should this be for a 1x1 meter print?
thxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
If you want to see the 'blocks' you'll have to increase the cell size!
A resolution of 3500 X 3500 px at 300 ppi should be enough to print it to 1 X 1 meter