What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Achieve particular text effect

Optillusion

Hey guys, this is my first post. I am not completely new to Photoshop as I've been playing around with it for the past 9 months or so. As an autodidact user, though, I often find myself using the most tedious and tiresome way to get the desired result. I've therefore decided I want to learn the skill (art?) a bit more thoroughly.

My first question is, how do I achieve the text effect seen on the pictures shown below? I've tried playing around with filters but nothing really seems to do the job.

Skærmbillede 2017-02-12 kl. 22.48.53.pngSkærmbillede 2017-02-12 kl. 22.48.43.png

Rich54

Guru
It seems to me it was done by hand.

1. Select a font and type your text.
2. On a new layer, go to Edit>Stroke and add a black, inside stroke (and then turn off the text layer from step 1). On the stroke layer, use a hard brush to fill-in the pink color by hand, making sure to be deliberately sloppy about it.
3. On a new layer, choose a hard brush and, again by hand, draw deliberately sloppy strokes over the letters.

text.jpg

Last edited: