What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure if these annoying gaps are real

Lucy123

Hi :) I'm suffering from these little gaps or "hairlines" in my image that I don't think are actually there. I am doing some images that need to be pixel perfect and sliced up into pieces for use in another application. In the past I have had problems with semi transparent pixels, but this time, I have been so meticulous and careful that I don't think it's this. I have anti aliasing turned off and everything snapping to the grid.

I think this is a bug because these hairlines are only visible when I zoom out enough. If I zoom right in, there are no gaps to be seen! I have uploaded 3 pictures to show the problem. My image consists of 8 white shapes sliced up on a black background (like 4 walls of a room with 4 trapezium shaped doors cut into it). The white sections are supposed to be seamless and they are all on different layers. If you look carefully you will see 8 hairlines where the doors are.

The first 2 pictures show the hairlines are more visible the more zoomed out I am. The 3rd picture shows that once I zoom in to a certain point, the hairlines are no longer visible.

Also- if I merge any 2 or more of the white sections, the hairlines disappear, no matter how far zoomed out I am!!!

The only tools I have used are: the pencil, the magic wand and alt + backspace to fill, flip horizontal and vertical, cut and paste in place, and the move tool. Please tell me these gaps are just Photoshop messing with my head! Thanks in advance for help!

wtf.PNG

wtf2.PNG

nowtf.PNG

Attachments

• wtf.PNG
    wtf.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 1
  • wtf2.PNG
    wtf2.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 2
  • nowtf.PNG
    nowtf.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 2

MrToM

Guru
View @100% zoom.

If the problem is still visible post a screenshot of the whole UI...the layers panel needs to be visible.
(Grabs similar to those posted are really not much good for diagnosing what it could be...we need to see your whole UI)

If the problem doesn't exist, don't worry about it.

There are only so many pixels on your screen and as you can appreciate when you zoom out you are squeezing all those pixels into a smaller area....some info just cannot be DISPLAYED but that doesn't mean its a problem, or a bug, or anything else.

If you have problems @100% zoom then we need to look into it.

Regards.
MrToM.

Lucy123

Thank you, at 100% there doesn't seem to be a problem, furthermore, when I save as .png and view in an image viewer, the problem is not there either. I just wanted to make sure :)

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

Always view your work @100% when checking for errors, even if that means panning around. This way, 1 pixel of your image is represented by 1 pixel of your screen...it doesn't get any better than that.

Regards.
MrToM.