What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gloss effect on images

Lariza

Hi again.

I'm trying to make a flat looking image of a headboard look a little more realistic by adding a gloss to it. Is there a way to add gloss or highlight in photoshop?

I have tried the dodge tool with no success.

Any help is appreciated.

ThanksB4600-K_Tulum_HB_Perfect_Purple.jpg

Last edited:

Lariza

Thank you for your tip. I need these to look very realistic for the website we sell them in. I started with a headboard with white primer and I was give the task to color them. I have tried the bevel and emboss tool before but it doesn't look realistic to me.

Thank you!

you can try with layer-style "bevel and emboss"

therefor you have to put the board on a different layer
and goto layer - layerstyle - bevel and embosse

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjppxw3t1g1qme1/layerstyle bevel and emboss.psd?dl=0

colleague

Guru
do you have a photo of the headboard with white primer ?
and can you give an example on the internet of a similar board but very realistic

then you can add white brush on a layer with mode " soft light "
to create white gloss on the right places

Lariza

B4600-K_Tulum_HB_White_Primer_Sm.jpg
Here is what I started with. I used a hue/saturation layer to apply color to it. As you can see its a pretty flat image since the headboard is in a white primer... n clear glossy coat on it.

colleague

Guru
if you start with this white board , you can try other blend-modes and see if that would work better
for example "color burn" mode leaves much more highlights but messes with the color
but in combination with an extra layer with mode 'color' you get the right color
and with level - adjustment layer you can give more highlights or less

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwfk4j1ho4r8reu/board 2.psd?dl=0

Attachments

• board 2.jpg
    board 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

Lariza

WOW! This is AMAZING!!!!!! I love it. It looks real. Let me try to figure it out from your tips. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!