What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water effects

Mannos

Hi guys

I've been working on this image for a week or two, and I'm getting a bit stumped with certain elements. particularly some effects with water

In my head, I'm imagining water coming the side of the machine and falling waterfall style to the lake below. the problem I have is that either it looks like there's too much water, or the effect is so subtle that It's barely visible.

Any advice is appreciated :)

atatat.jpg

p.s. if some of other elements such as the "feet" look weird, its probably because I've switched them off :p

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Hi mannos, first of all the amount of details and work for what you tried to acomplish it will be insane XD, you're doing this for practice, fun or something else? (just cuious not need to respond XD)

I was bored so i tried myself, of course a "quick" try, working on the image you put on the other post because i didn't have the originals, about two hours of work, adn as i said to do it decent the amount of work and details .... insane XD.

DSCF64824.jpg

As i did this only for fun and not was requested if you want the image remove please let me know and i do it immediately.

Mannos

I like what you're doing with the water next to the feet and the rain. maybe giant pond waves wasn't the way to do it :D

How did you do the 'foam' effect on the water?

What I was trying to do was show the build up of water on the ATAT and show how the water dripping off the ATAT was different to the rain fall.
Maybe I'll get it next time :)

I have a few things to add to the image

I want to add another element:
- a some troopers, or maybe an Xwing or soemthing
- foot prints and general details showing where it's walked from
-post processing (mess with the lighting and colours a bit)
-and maybe a second attempt at the sky. it's too bright in places, so might need to add information, like a fake sky

It's just a hobby tbh. I've only had 3 x 2+hours on this and I'm really enjoying. Once I get an idea in my head I like to go flat out into it :D
Apart from a few months ago, when I did some logos or soemthing, I haven't done much in years. I love a bit of PS :D

Thanks for the reply btw, and I love the pic, so leave it there :p

Argos

Guru
Nice, the foam it's taken from a wild river image, fast look on google, sure you can find one that adjust better to the image, the hard think is play with the perspective to each side of the river.

The image it's nice as it is, be carefull not add to many things, i think is better do a simple but perfect image than a crazy montage with too many things ( my opinion XD)

Cheers and good luck XD.

Mannos

thanks, Argos. Appreciate it
I'm very conscious of putting too much of it, but yes, you're right. I'll stick to perfecting the ATAT :D