What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with combining pictures

maggie2

Hi,
I am using Photoshop CS5 and I want to blend two pictures together to make a collage. I have included a picture that is like what I want to accomplish. Then I have included the picture I am working on to show where I have gotten to. I have used a layer mask to try to blend the two pictures but as you can see, there is still a border around the top picture. Is there a way to get rid of this? If so how? And/or is there a better way to combine the two pictures. I've been working on this all day and still not getting the results I want. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

So the first picture is what I want it to look like and the second one is the one I'm working on. Hope someone can help me get this sorted out.

sample20.jpgtry1.jpg
;

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

I think your Brush Tools opacity setting was lowered. Make sure it's set to 100% and go over the area again. If I want to lower the effect that the brush has on the mask, I lower the flow.

Here is the original image of the a girl and a bunny placed on a BG texture layer.
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.06 PM.png

Here's the the original image of the girl and the bunny after adding a layer mask, then using the Brush Tool (set to black) to BLEND the girl and bunny into the BG.
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.29 PM.png

Brush setting (Using a Wacom Tablet)
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.48 PM.png