What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding false color to grey-scale x-ray images - help!

frasesmo

I've my dissertation next year, and would like to investigate the use of airport style x-ray images in radiological x ray images. The airport style images colourise pixels of a greyscale image based on their darkness (ie. black-->green, grey---->orange, light----->blue).

This mean I need some help please on turning about 20-30 of greyscale images such as:

01_16_X-ray_of_Hand.jpg

To images which use colour in this style:
Airport.jpg
(as you can see, dense things - which would represent bone - are blue; medium things - representing the soft tissue - are orange; and thin/'soft' things - representing air or fluid - are green).
Is there a way in which I can do this easily to 20 images- such as to assign pixels along the greyscale to different colours?

Thank you!

Tom Mann

Guru
There are several ways to do this, but here's a good place to start: Google {Photoshop tutorial "gradient map"}

If u have any questions after working through a couple of the tutorials, don't hesitate to ask.

Even better, because Photoshop is really designed for artists, not scientists or technologists, if u know how to program in Matlab, Mathematica, or could purchase a scientific graphing software package like "Origin", you will get better & more quantitative results.

Tom M

Tom M

Last edited: