What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Between "Add To Selection" and "Subtract From Selection"?

Hi, how are you today? Hope you're doing well.

As the title reads, I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut to switch between these. It would speed up my background removal process greatly.

Thanks in advance!!

fredfish

Guru
Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Between "Add To Selection" and "Subtract From Selecti

Just to add to what IamSam has said, another shortcut is the "Alt" key - this provide the opposite to what you have selected in the tool bar. So for example if you have "Add to Selection" in the tool bar it will change to "Subtract from Selection" but only while you have the "Alt" key held down. This, I find, particularly useful with the Auto-select method of selection. The cursor will change when you press "Alt" to show if clicking will add to or subtract from the current selection.

Cheers

John

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Between "Add To Selection" and "Subtract From Selecti

Thank you for all the help!

Hrroyals

Is there anyway to map this to a mouse button? I have a gaming mouse and I want one of the buttons to be the subtract lasso, instead of using the alt key.