What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to edit photographs like this

ashley_unique

Hello everyone. This is my very first post and I hope I am posting my request in the correct section of this forum.
I have a very strange request and have been searching all the internet for some answers and came out without any luck

I am trying to edit my fashion photography in this style:
Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

I absolutely love the vivid, yet desaturated look of her pictures. I love how they show some much detail, yet everything almost has a 'blurred/smooth' look. I also love how she almost looks 'fake' in her pictures. I hope I am explaining myself but I am just really hoping some of you guys can assist me in understanding how she edits her pictures to look so vivid/bright/sharp/intense...with such beautiful soft skin.

I am no expert with photoshop, but I wouldnt consider myself a beginner either.

thank you!

fredfish

Guru
Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I suspect these are using some Instagram filters (perhaps with some additional editing).

Have a look here for a starting point for trying to replicate Instagram filters in Photoshop. http://mashable.com/2013/10/20/photoshop-instagram-filters/#X33qf6HpiPqK

You could also look at using the Color Lookup and / or Photo filters section of the adjustment layers. You can if you look hard enough find some additional LUT files (Look Up Table) files as downloads on the internet.

Have a play and see what you come up with.

Cheers

John

ashley_unique

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I suspect these are using some Instagram filters (perhaps with some additional editing).

Have a look here for a starting point for trying to replicate Instagram filters in Photoshop. http://mashable.com/2013/10/20/photoshop-instagram-filters/#X33qf6HpiPqK

You could also look at using the Color Lookup and / or Photo filters section of the adjustment layers. You can if you look hard enough find some additional LUT files (Look Up Table) files as downloads on the internet.

Have a play and see what you come up with.

Cheers

John

Hi John
I actually emailed that specific fashion blogger and she did confirm she used photoshop.. which is why I was wondering if anyone was able to assist with the techniques she used to create the soft/vivid look in her photographs.

Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These look like color photos, duplicated twice, the first duplicate was desaturated and blurred, then the subject was isolated/selected and masked in the second duplicate.

ashley_unique

I tried that it worked to make my subject stand out - thank you so much!
Any tips on how to get the vivid colors/smooth skin look?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator