What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital/Halftone type effect. How can I recreate this?

cms90740

Hi everyone,

new here but not to Photoshop, wanting some input on how I could go about recreating this effect? I'm not even 100% sure what to google, it's sort of a digital halftone effect, not sure what else to call it. Creating a halftone and overlaying it doesn't quite produce the same image. Notice the small shapes blend in to the background color on certain areas. Any advice you can lend or helpful links would be much appreciated!

f1JS034.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyS

Here is a plugin that will get you the desired effect: http://www.ximagic.com/g_index.html
That's a ordered dither effect. I had trouble recreating that effect with photoshop's halftone options, so I just shelled out the few bucks for the plugin. Maybe someone else has a solution that doesn't use third-party plugins.