What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filter

DigH

Can anyone begin to quantify what makes the difference between these two sets of photos in terms of post (obviously the second grouping is being lit with a much bigger source). Thanks to the forum I learned that there is some matte effect going on with the tone curve in the latter pair, but it feels like there's also some subtle color casting and would appreciate any insight on creating fitlers (or other means) to achieve a similar effect.

Portraits afterPSG.jpg vs Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 9.07.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.56.48 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,

Color casting is considered to be undesirable. Color tinting is more what your asking about.

There are so many ways to apply a tint so I will let you look through these tutorials to see if you find something you like.

DigH

Hey,

Color casting is considered to be undesirable. Color tinting is more what your asking about.

There are so many ways to apply a tint so I will let you look through these tutorials to see if you find something you like.

Yeah, yeah, tinting is what I mean. Been through the tutorials, more curious if anyone else thinks there's tinting on these photos or if there's something else is going on.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
...more curious if anyone else thinks there's tinting on these photos or if there's something else is going on.
These are professional headshots taken in a studio. There's simply no way of knowing the conditions, lighting, camera settings, lenses, etc., much less trying to guess at what the original artist did in post. It's simply a guessing game. There's far too many variables and potential possibilities. It's difficult to just look at an image and tell what was done, especially without the original photos before they were altered.

To answer your question about tinting, I tend to think not. There's just some over saturation going on and possibly a "photo filter". But I firmly support you if you think otherwise.

I genuinely and sincerely suggest you contact the original artist David Noles and ask...............I've done this before with great success. Why not go straight to the source and stop trying to guess?