What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix background

ranger1

Hi, I have 30 photos that have a dirty background of mixed colours behind a group of people.

I need to make sure that each segment of the wall is the same colour. The plyboards that were covering windows need to be the same as it's surrounding. Same for the white areas. The colours need to be fixed behind the group of people in each photo.

I need advice on how to do the above in Photoshop CS3 for 30 photos in as quickly as possible. Possibly a link to a tutorial. I do not use Photoshop often.

The file is cropped and attached. Unfortunately, that is only a small part of the photo.

These will appear in a publication.

Attachments

• edit.JPG
    edit.JPG
    548 KB · Views: 6

Tony Bowman

I don't think there's a particularly quick way... One way or another you'll have to paint in the backgrounds masking around the heads. You could try selecting each panel by 'quick selection' tool, 'colour range' selection, 'magnetic lasso' tool, refining the selection around the heads. With the selection active, create a solid colour layer of the appropriate colour, and it will pop into place with a layer mask, that you can refine with the brush. All of these tools have video tutorials in YouTube for CS3.