What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applying perspective automatically to a smart object?

andrewgray123

Hi guys, i'm in the middle of creating a bathroom at the moment in photoshop. I've got my floor scaled out and perspective warped, i've got my skirting board applied. at the moment i've got some Wall cladding on the back as a straight image. and i've got the 2 side walls perspective warped and scaled down.

I want to be able to have 3 separate areas. for example (Left wall) (Right Wall) (Middle Wall) and to be able to fill each one of these layers automatically with a wall panel. And have it scale down and change perspective automatically. Was just wondering the best way to achieve this.

Many Thanks.

Andy
Layers.jpg

MrToM

Guru
I too would suggest the method by @colleague with a small exception...

Just create 1 wall, convert it to a smart object, THEN duplicate the smart object a further twice.
This will create instances of the smart object.
Unfortunately Adobe, as usual, don't conform to the normal terminology for copies and instances so you may see these 'instances' called 'copies'....they are not however a copy of the original but an instance.

In other words DO NOT use LAYER > SMART OBJECTS > NEW SMART OBJECT VIA COPY
Use CTRL + J, or ALT + drag 'n' drop...anything but the above.

Transform the duplicates as @colleague described to create perspective in the two duplicates...one left, one right.

Now when you change the contents of ANY one of the three smart objects ALL three will change, not just the one...because they are 'instances' of one another.

The two duplicates will keep any transforms you have applied to them regardless.

Regards.
MrToM.

andrewgray123

Thanks guys, had a little play with that and seems good. If I wanted to add a sink, are they any ways to scale this properly? I tried perspective warp, skew, distort, warp, and had no good results after an hour of trying... Any suggestions to add this image on the right wall...